I have been queueing this Fresh Apple Scone recipe for the making. I finally did; it is good. But I’ve decided that I like plain scones best.
While all this apple scone eating was happening, I thought a lemon curd would go well with it. And because I found an easy peasy microwave recipe from KingArthurFlour, I whipped up some. I couldn’t believe how simple & quick it was – no more stirring over the stove top. Too good not to share.
Easy Peasy Microwave Lemon Curd
- freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 4 lemons (227g)
- 140g sugar (original recipe called for 198g)
- 113g butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large microwave-safe bowl. To avoid bubble-overs, the contents should fill no more than 1/4 of the bowl.
- Microwave the ingredients in 1-minute increments, removing from the oven and stirring to combine after each minute.
- When curd starts to thicken, coats the back of a spoon and starts to mound a bit as you stir, it’s done. This will take anywhere from 4 to 10 minutes, depending on the strength/power of your microwave.
- Stir the curd one more time. If you see any small bits of cooked egg white, pass the curd through a fine-mesh strainer to remove them.
- Spoon the curd into a storage container and refrigerate until firm.
- Keep curd refrigerated for up to 3 weeks; freeze for longer storage.
Join us for tea hosted by Su at zimmerbitch, for lots of delicious conversation.