I am a sucker for sparkly lights, festive decorations and street bling.
Christmas was very low key in this regard. Then there were rumours that Chinese New Year (12 Feb 2021) would be the same. To my delight, there are a quantity of lanterns, fairy lights, and an attempt at festive cheer which I have enjoyed on my runs.
We will not be able to gather, feast and observe this occasion like we have done before. So, we try new things: for the first time, I have mailed a quantity of Chinese New Year greeting cards. And perhaps over Zoom, my siblings & parents will share a yam seng.
In the spirit of togetherness, we will usher in the Lunar New Year in the best way we can.
Reading your Joyful Posts brings me to my happy place. I hope having them in one place makes it easier for you to find when you need a bit of happy therapy, too.
If you would like to join in, ping back to this post and I will include you next week.
- Journal of M the Dreamer’s Rhythm of Hope: rests in the little things that uplift her spirit
- Laurie Graves‘ Friday Favourites: celebrates Little Miss and the joy she brings
- Little Pieces of Me‘s Grateful Fridays: enjoys works and play
- Meditations in Motion‘s February Coffee Talk: ruminates over Lovefeasts, handwriting & apple slices
- Nancy Loderick’s Winter Wonderland: contemplates wonderlands and makes do with a lovely snowscape
- Natalie the Explorer‘s The Best Markets & Blog Parties: relishes & reminisces about Indoor Food Markets
- Thistles and Kiwis’ This Week’s Small Pleasures: tantalises with amazing food
- Reflection of an Untidy Mind‘s The Changing Seasons: basks in the sun with the birds (and other critters)
- Trent’s World‘s The Weekly Smile: works on his websites
Feature Photo taken at Dempsey Hill, 30 Jan 2021.