It all started when the store ran out of my regular muesli. After several trips to check on availability of My Favourite Brand, I decided to take the matter into my own hands and research making my own muesli. To my surprise (and delight!), I discovered just how easy it is to throw together my personalised concoction. I don’t know if My Favourite Brand ever came back onto the shelves; I haven’t looked.
I was inspired by Happy Kitchen Rocks. Check our her post to get great ideas; the combinations are only limited by one’s imagination.
This is the proportion that I follow to rustle up a quick jar of goodness which keeps well for a couple of weeks in a cool, dry place.
- 200g cereal (I use mostly rolled oats, but you can also add in rye flakes, barley flakes, wheat berries flakes, spelt flakes, wheat germ)
- 100g seeds (pumpkin, chia, sunflower, flax, sesame seeds, pomegranate)
- 100g nuts (almonds, cashews, brazil nuts, peanuts, walnuts)
- 100g dried fruit (cranberries, raisins, goji berries, dried apples, dried berries)
I mix a combination of the above in a large bowl, and then scoop into an air-tight jar. I eat with either milk, or on top of Greek yogurt & fresh fruit.
This is my contribution to Dutch Goes The Photo‘s Tuesday Photo Challenge: Toy. My take on the word toy is to consider an idea in a not definite way, as in toying with the ingredients that go into the muesli. Use the basic recipe and play with the mix!
If you would care to join in:
- Write a post with an image for this week’s topic
- Tag your post with fpj-photo-challenge
- Create a pingback link to his post
- Have fun creating something new (or sharing something old)