This feature photo is taken outside the The St Regis Singapore. The frontage of this hotel is a treasure trove of sculptures by Botero, Li Chen, and this one by Singapore’s own Anthony Poon, called Sense Surround. It captures for me the vibrance of life, the twists and turns of the startling red metal against the building and the shrubbery.
Despite living in a fast-paced city, I have spent much of May in contemplation. Time spent in the nature parks have given me ample time & space to think on the cycle of life, how beginnings are so very exciting, but endings tend to fizzle out and lack lustre. Fairy-tales end with “They lived happily ever after”, but never quite tells us what happens at the real end; there is a reason most sequels don’t often do well – we don’t tend to like to get into the nitty-grittys of our heroes living their lives out.
If we really believe an end is just a start of another beginning, then there is a great deal to look forward to. This is what I’ve been contemplating. On 4 June 2018, it will be a year since I woke up from my coma; it has been a season of recovery, rejuvenation & resting. The question on my mind now is, What’s Next? I look forward to My Sequel with eagerness and excitement as I celebrate my 1st RebirthDay with friends & family.
May is the month we Catholics honour Mother Mary. I love this version of the Ave Maria – I hope you do too!
About The Changing Seasons
The Changing Seasons is a monthly challenge hosted by Su at Zimmerbitch. If you would like to join in, here are the guidelines:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.
Feature Photo: Sense Surround by Anthony Poon, outside the St Regis Hotel