April has been a month of poetry: writing, struggling, gorging, studying, dialoguing, renewing my faith in the art and my commitment to its practice. I can honestly say I have not worked in such a focused manner in a while, and it has been brain-taxing, euphoric, troubling & cathartic in turn.
I believe that we have a deep-seated need to create, to encounter Beauty, to transform our world. Music, photography, poetry are ways which allow me to do this. And so I will.
It wasn’t all indoor obsessions this month; I had many opportunities to visit some of the loveliest trails in Singapore. One of the highlights was a concerted effort with friends to walk from one trail to another (involved some nifty planning of where to leave our cars, which is why it has taken me so long to do this). It was an invigorating way to spend a Sunday morning!
Feature Photo: Canna Lilies at Istana Park
About The Changing Seasons
The Changing Seasons is a monthly challenge hosted by Su at Zimmerbitch. If you would like to join in, here are the guidelines:
The Changing Seasons Version One (photographic):
- Each month, post 5-20 photos in a gallery that you feel represent your month
- Don’t use photos from your archive. Only new shots.
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so that others can find them
The Changing Seasons Version Two (you choose the format):
- Each month, post a photo, recipe, painting, drawing, video, whatever that you feel says something about your month
- Don’t use archive stuff. Only new material!
- Tag your posts with #MonthlyPhotoChallenge and #TheChangingSeasons so others can find them.
Also submitting this post as part of A and I Poetry Challenge.