We have spent the past couple of weeks baking tray after tray of Peppermint Brownies, Cranberry & Chocolate Chip Blondies, and Ginger & White Chocolate Chip Blondies.
One of my greatest challenges preparing for the season is gifting: picking out meaningful gifts for our loved ones. We are typically gift as we go folks through the year, so attempting to focus lots of gifting in a short span of time often proves to be extremely demanding. So when we found that we enjoyed baking these Christmas brownies and blondies, and our friends & family enjoyed receiving them, we were just thrilled to bits!
The recipes for the Peppermint Brownies are in the link above. The Blondie recipe follows. They were adapted from the Fat Witch Brownies.
- 113g butter, softened
- 210g light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 142g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
For Cranberry & Chocolate Chip Blondies:
- 70g dried cranberries
- 115g chocolate chips
For Ginger & White Chocolate Chip Blondies:
- 100g candied ginger pieces, cut into small pieces
- 80g white chocolate chips
- Line or grease a 9inch by 9inch pan. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees centigrade.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar. Beat in the molasses, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Measure the flour, salt and baking soda into the butter mixture. Mix gently until well-combined.
- Stir in the Chocolate chips and fruit gently.
- Spread batter evenly in the baking pan. Bake for 30minutes or until the top is golden, and a toothpick inserted in the centre of the pan comes out clean or with only a few crumbs (not white batter).
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for about 1 hour. Cut just before serving.