Younger Daughter’s celebration of Older Daughter’s birthday: sisterly love & Yuzu Cupcakes!
Today is my sister’s birthday. She inspires me in my favourite things: for my fashion paper dolls, she buys me lots of pretty paper; in Maths, she helps me to get my homework right; in Baking, she gives me ideas for new cupcakes and sometimes bakes with me.
I have created a Yuzu Cupcake for her because she loves yuzu! Happy Birthday, Meg!
We used & adapted BenjaminWong’s recipes for the cupcakes & glaze from “Cupcakes with Attitude”.
Yuzu Cupcake, (makes about 10-12 cupcakes)
Candied yuzu peel (left) and yuzu juice
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 20g candied yuzu peel (cut into small pieces)
- 125g self-rising flour
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Line cupcake tray with liners.
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar until well-mixed.
- Add eggs and beat till well-blended, light & fluffy.
- Add salt…
View original post 87 more words