Our love affair with eggs continues with a family favourite: Toad-in-the-Hole. This is a dish which could mean different things, depending on whether you are from the US or UK. In the UK, sausage & batter are involved. Our version is just the simple bread & egg.
Enjoy this quick & simple breakfast!
- 1 Egg
- 1 slice of bread
- salt, pepper
- grated cheese (optional)
- Preheat frying pan till hot. With a biscuit cutter, remove the center from the bread.
- Melt a little butter on the pan.
- Place the bread and the middle bit which you have cut out on the pan.
- Crack the egg into the bread hole carefully so that you do not break the yolk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle egg with grated cheese, if desired.
- Once egg has somewhat set, flip onto the other side.
- Cook the egg till the desired consistency.