We take pause in this month of remembrance & this Thanksgiving weekend to once again give thanks, prompted by Cee’s Share Your World.
What are you grateful for with regard to:
- Your home life? I love my comfortable apartment: a little messy, a little run down, but all that we need.
- Your family? I am blessed with a Loving Husband who indulges my quirkiness, an Older Daughter who shares her exciting interests & piques mine, a Younger Daughter who unconditionally Loves & inspires me to do the same. I love that my extended family (parents, aunt & uncle, sister, brother) who, despite being scattered all over the world, support & send positive energy & hugs when I need it the most.
- Your blogging community? I am so tickled & chuffed that I am amongst a group of like-minded yet unique individuals who take the time to share their lives through their writing, inspiring & cheering in the process. I am baffled that this community takes the time to read, respond & encourage my writing, and am roused to blog even on days when I think I have nothing much to say.
- Your city/region/country in which you live? I am combining my response to these 3 questions because Singapore is an extremely small city-state. This year has been eye-opening as I’ve seen Singapore through Older Daughter’s eyes. Although she struggles with the heat & humidity, and has spent this year working hard studying for the Cambridge A-Levels, we took time off together to go on study-break adventures around town: exploring & re-discovering places to eat, to walk, to people watch. And as a result, I think I have fallen in love with a city which I’d taken for granted through the years. I am thankful that we live in a country which is mostly safe, where I can go running at night without fear for my safety. I am thankful that we have so many cuisines from which to pick when we feel like eating out. I am grateful that we have lovely parks & gardens of respite even though space is at a premium.
- You? I love that I wake up each day with a smile (okay, maybe only in my head I am smiling) and that I laugh a lot through the day.
What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
I am grateful that I found this Share Your World Challenge last week as I am having so much fun answering the questions, and reading & getting to know my WordPress Friends better as a result.
I am looking forward to having our annual Thanksgiving Dinner with my Culinary Friend & her Big-Hearted Family; we will feast mightily (it is a potluck with many exciting culinary creations to sample) & drink gustily & give thanks.
Feature Photo: I love the look & feel of squashes, especially this lovely Kabocha squash! And they taste wonderful too!