Some folks have lofty aspirations to climb big mountains, real mountains. I take my hat off to those who are brave & fit enough to attempt running Mt Kinabalu in Malaysia, the MacLehose Trail in Hong Kong, or Ben Nevis in Scotland.
I have my own list of heights to conquer. These are certainly not mountains, and not even really hills. They are my personal mountains, my list of up-slopes I want to run up instead of walk up. Going uphill is difficult for me – I have been told that my problem is mental more than physical. So, this list is also my training plan & motivator, challenges to overcome.
- Stairs up to WW2 Memorial Site (Bukit Batok Nature Park)
- L-O-N-G hill up to Bukit Batok Nature Park from Old Fire Station
- Cobble-stone path at Bukit Batok Nature
- Slope up to the Wooden Bridge from Alkaff Mansion
- Return slope from The Lake (Kent Ridge Park)
- Windy path up to Kent Ridge Park
- Metal Bridge (Southern Ridges)
- To the Singapore Quarry (Dairy Farm Nature Park)
I love making lists. Or more accurately, I love ticking off items as I complete a list. The sense of satisfaction, of completion. I look forward to doing just that with this list.
What do you make lists of? What are the heights you are conquering?
Feature photo is #1 on The List